Person Centered Counsellor and Supervisor in Hull
- Diploma in Counselling: using the Person Centered Approach, The Sherwood Instititute, 2004 Awaiting Verification
- Certificate in Working with Children and Young People, PCCS Training, 2005 Awaiting Verification
- Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Play, PCCS Training, 2008 Awaiting Verification
- Individual Counsellor/Psychotherapist Accreditation, BACP, 2008 Awaiting Verification
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor / Psychotherapist, UKRCP, 2008 Awaiting Verification
- Certificate in Person Centered Supervision, The Norwich Centre, 2009 Awaiting Verification
- MBACP (Accred) Individual Accredited Membership, BACP British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Awaiting Verification
At a glance...
Person Centered Counselling and Supervision
The Ellesmere Centre for Psychotherapy and Trainin
861 Holderness Road, Hull HU8 9BA United Kingdom
0790 191 3291
Hello, I am a BACP accredited Person-Centered counsellor. I work with both adults and young people offering short-term and long term counselling.
I have been working as a counsellor since 1998. My counselling practice experience includes Hull University's Counselling Service, Youth Counselling projects in both Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire, and also an Abuse of Children and Adults project in Hull. Currently, I work for a Youth Counselling project in Hull and also in private practice.
I will offer you a safe, supportive and honest therapeutic relationship. I am non judgemental and accepting of you as a person. I will listen respectfully and compassionately to you. I will help you to deal with your life problems more effectively. I will go at your own individual pace and am sensitive to what you want from counselling.
In addition to talking therapy, I may offer you the opportunity to work with various art forms (painting, drawing, and sand play). Although these can sound a bit strange, many people find they provide an alternative means of communication and expression to safely convey deeply felt emotions and experiences that words alone may fail to adequately capture.
I am also a Person Centered supervisor. I have been providing supervision for three years, and I have a Certificate in Person-Centered supervision from the Norwich Centre. The people that I have worked with have included recent qualified counsellors and very experienced colleagues. I have successfully supported one supervisee through the BACP counsellor accreditation process.
My supervision practice is based on the belief of offering my supervisees the Core Conditions (Congruence, Unconditional Positive Regard and Empathy) and trusting in the development of their internal locus of evaluation / internal supervisor.
I see my roles as supervisor to:
1. deliver information, suggestions or strategies to my supervisee;
2. to offer support, understanding and acceptance of my supervisee;
3. responding to identified supervisee goals and needs, such as ethical issues, management issues and boundaries.
If you would like to discuss anything about the possibility of us working together in counselling or supervision, please phone or email me.
About Person Centered Counselling and Supervision
Join Us for Free!
Are you a certified Healthcare Professional? Contribute to our growing community and advertise your business to thousands of user ever day.
- Free. For ever!
- Full page listing as standard
- Publish your own articles
If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions about Therapy Network we'd love to hear from you...Send Feedback
Invite Friends & Colleagues
If you know of friends and colleagues who would like to get involved with Therapy Network we've made it easy for you to get in touch.Send Invitation