Registered Art Therapist in Tockington
- MA. Art Psychotherapy, University of Hertfordshire, 2010 Awaiting Verification
- Higher National Certificate in Applied Art, Filton College, 2000 Awaiting Verification
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Bristol, 1995 Awaiting Verification
- BA. Geography and Environmental Science, University of the West of England, 1994 Awaiting Verification
- N1 (General Nurse), Nursing and Midwifery Council Awaiting Verification
- N3 (Psychiatric Nurse), Nursing and Midwifery Council Awaiting Verification
- Qualified Teacher, General Teaching Council Awaiting Verification
At a glance...
Tockington Green, Tockington BS32 4NN United Kingdom
As well as being a qualified HPC registered art therapist, I am also a qualified teacher, general nurse and psychiatric nurse with more than thirty years of experience working within the health service. In my experience as a nurse, therapist, and school nurse mental health specialist, I have worked with a range of different groups of people such as adolescents, children, and those with alcohol and drug problems.
As an art therapist I have worked with a wide range of different groups. I have worked in an inner city mental health team that was set up to tackle deprivation and discrimination in the inner city area, working with individuals and diverse cultural groups and co running an Asian Woman's group. I have worked in a hospital outpatient department with groups of individuals with mental health problems such as psychosis, depression, anxiety or ME. I have also worth with individuals and groups of adults with memory problems and with older adults with age related problems such as dementia or other disabilities.I have also worked with children in primary schools.
I frequently combine mindfulness meditation with art therapy work and am presently running a training course for the British Association of art Therapists on "Mindfulness and art therapy" and teaching meditation to service users on a ward for those with acute mental health problems in a NHS hospital
- Clinical Assessments
Group / Team facilitation
- Therapy / Counselling
Training / Teaching
Bereavement and loss
Childhood behaviour problems
Deliberate Self harm
- Eating Disorders
- Learning difficulties
Low Self-Confidence / Self esteem
- Problems of older age
- Relationship and Personal Issues
Schizophrenia / Psychosis
Work Related Issues
Join Us for Free!
Are you a certified Healthcare Professional? Contribute to our growing community and advertise your business to thousands of user ever day.
- Free. For ever!
- Full page listing as standard
- Publish your own articles
If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions about Therapy Network we'd love to hear from you...Send Feedback
Invite Friends & Colleagues
If you know of friends and colleagues who would like to get involved with Therapy Network we've made it easy for you to get in touch.Send Invitation