Counsellor in Chorley
- Adv Dip .Counselling, Centra, 1999 Awaiting Verification
- Dip. in Casework Supervision, ABC, 2002 Awaiting Verification
- P.G. Dip. in Psychological Studies, UCLAN, 2001 Awaiting Verification
- Cert. in Marital and Couple Counselling, RELATE, 2003 Awaiting Verification
- Cert. in Basic Sexual and Relationship Counselling, UCLAN, 2004 Awaiting Verification
- PG. Dip in Hypno/psychotherapy, Centre Training, 2004 Awaiting Verification
- Adv. Dip in Hypno/psychotherapy, NCHP, 2009 Awaiting Verification
- Masters in Education, Open University, 1996 Awaiting Verification
- P.G. Cert. in Professional Studies in Education, Open University, 1997 Awaiting Verification
- B.A. in Business Studies, UCLAN, 1990 Awaiting Verification
- Certificate in Education, Victoria Univeristy of Salford, 1988 Awaiting Verification
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor, Cruse Bereavement Care, 2002 Awaiting Verification
- Registrant, UCKP Awaiting Verification
- MBACP Member, BACP Awaiting Verification
- Full Registered Membership, National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists Awaiting Verification
At a glance...
80 Doctors Lane
Eccleston, Chorley PR7 5QZ United Kingdom
- Standish Lower Ground
My pathway into counselling occured by happen chance. I was employed as a lecturer in further and higher education during the mid 1980's to mid 1990's and although I felt a huge affiliation towards my students and their individual plights, I did not associate this at first with my desire to become a counsellor. I started my counselling training in 1996 before qualifying in 1999. During this time I took up placements in a male prison, a well womens centre, a bereavement centre and in student services. It was after I qualified that I realised many of the skills I had developed as an educator were transferable in my role as a counsellor especially as some aspects of counselling are educative in nature.
My initial counselling training also left me with an increased interest in the impact individual client's issues have on other important relationships including partners and the family system as a whole. This interest led me to train as a couple and relationship counsellor with Relate in 1999 where I worked until the end of 2003. I also became increasingly interested in finding alternative ways of working with clients using other creative methods other than talking therapy and to my eventuall training in hypnotherapy. I qualified as a hypno/psychotherapist in 2004.
In 2001, I set up in private practice and now see a range of clients for both counselling and hypno/psychotherapy. I also work for a number of Employment Assistance Programmes.
I am a trained and accredited Cruse bereavement counsellor, trained couple's counsellor, hypno/psychotherapist and general counsellor. I am also receiving training in working with young people, particulary in relation to dealing with the loss of a parent or guardian and dealing with separation or divorce. I also specialise in relationship and sexual issues, infidelity, guilt issues, fears and phobias, anxiety and stress, anger issues and pain management.
As an experienced counselling practitioner registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, I have a special interest in personal development, relationship counselling and sexual issues and work related stress and anxiety. My wider experience also covers specific issues such as loss, bereavement and abuse. I also offer hypno/psychotherapy for a wide variety of issues.
My style of working is very interactive and facilitates the clients own inner resources to resolve their presenting issues. My therapeutic approach is integrative and includes person centred, psychodyamiic, solution focused, CBT and hypno/psychotherapeutic techniques.
My philosophy of respect for the individual is a theme running though my work. I offer a safe, confidential and non judgemental therapeutic service for both short and longer term therapeutic work. Using empathic understanding and gentle challenge, I aim to help you explore the difficulties you are experiencing at the moment, or distress and loss of direction. I provide an environment which promotes an ability to express your feelings openly and explore options open to you to enhance your overall well-being.
- Clinical Assessments
Group / Team facilitation
- Therapy / Counselling
Training / Teaching
Bereavement and loss
Low Self-Confidence / Self esteem
- Relationship and Personal Issues
Work Related Issues
Join Us for Free!
Are you a certified Healthcare Professional? Contribute to our growing community and advertise your business to thousands of user ever day.
- Free. For ever!
- Full page listing as standard
- Publish your own articles
If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions about Therapy Network we'd love to hear from you...Send Feedback
Invite Friends & Colleagues
If you know of friends and colleagues who would like to get involved with Therapy Network we've made it easy for you to get in touch.Send Invitation